East European Music new forum: www.e-rock.ru

forum "East Rock"

Объявление

Форум переезжает на другой ресурс www.e-rock.ru убедительная просьба скопируйте свои публикации со старого форума на новый WARNING! The Forum moved to new address: www.e-rock.ru New Publications and restoring old at www.e-rock.ru

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » forum "East Rock" » Czechoslovakia » Flamengo

Flamengo

Сообщений 1 страница 5 из 5

Flamengo - (1972) - Kuře v hodinkách

http://i011.radikal.ru/0810/a9/1912c831c7ad.jpg

Exact Audio Copy APE | CUE | LOG | Scans

pass: slafko1

http://rapidshare.com/files/152034447/F … .part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/152042269/F … .part2.rar

Scans
http://rapidshare.com/files/152042689/F … _Scans.rar

Studio album, released in 1972

Track Listings
1. Kure V Hodinkach (Introdukce) [Chicken In The Watch (Introduction)] (2:30)
2. Rám Prístích Obrazu [Frames Of Future Pictures] (4:00)
3. Jenom Láska Ví Kam [Only Love Knows Where] (2:55)
4. Já A Dým [Me And The Smoke] (4:55)
5. Chvíle Chvil [Moment Of The Moments] (4:20)
6. Pár Století [Some Centuries] (6:30)
7. Doky, Vlaky, Hlad A Boty [Dockyards, Trains, Hunger And Shoes] (4:30)
8. Stále Dál [Further On] (3:15)
9. Kure V Hodinkach [Chicken In The Watch] (5:30)

Bonus tracks on Sony CD re-issue (1998):
10. Kazdou Chvíli [Every Moment](1971 single) (3:58)
11. Týden V Elektrickém Meste [A Week In The Electric Town](1971 single) (4:05)
SP Supraphon 043 1214

Total time: 46:47

Line-up/Musicians
- Jan Kubík / saxophone, flute, clarinet, vocals
- Pavel Fořt / guitar, vocals
- Ivan Khunt / organ, vocals
- Vladimír Guma Kulhánek / bass guitar, vocals
- Jaroslav Erno Šedivý / drums
- Vladimír Mišík / vocals, guitar

Releases information
LP Supraphon 113 1287 (1972)
LP Supraphon 10 1287-1311 (1990) - "Trezor" edition
CD Supraphon 10 1287-2311 (1990) - "Trezor" edition
CD Sony Music/Bonton 491053 2 (1998) with 2 bonus tracks (10.+11. in track listing)

Along with The Matadors, Flamengo were one of the earliest Czech groups that started out in the mid-60's as beat bands and recorded a bunch of singles on legal state apparatchik label. Their then-leader Frantisek Francl was a well regarded fuzzed-up guitarist and wrote most of their track (even if they did a cover of John Mayall's No Reply), but with time, the group changed line-up and with the arrival of the now-legendary vocalist Vladimir Misik and woodwind player Jan Kubik, the group's sound was dramatically affected and started sounding like a brass rock band, with a slightly more jazz twist than the better know US groups. They might be compared best with Colosseum and sometimes Traffic. Their sole album was set to be released in 72 on the state label Supraphon, but apparently was quickly banned by the regime. Nothing was heard from the musicians until 76, so most likely, they chose to lay low for a while.

Sole album from this Prague band that had started as far back as the mid-60’s and had released seven singles between 67 and 69. Their sole album came in the second part of their career in 72, once woodwind player Kubik and vocalist Misik arrived and changed the group’s sound to a sort of hard-driving brass-jazz-rock. By this time Flamengo was a sextet, and until then, they had been fairly well tolerated by the communist regime after the crush of the Spring Of Prague. And for some strange reasons, the regime will ban the album, most likely on the account of the lyric content, which had been written by Josef Kainar and Hynek Zalcyk, both non-members of the group, although the latter was the album’s producer and doing a fairly good job sound-wise.

This album has now reissued in 98 with a superb reworked booklet including the Czech lyrics and lavish time-themed (or mechanical clock pieces) illustrations and two bonus tracks. If previously fuzzed-out guitarist Frantisek Francl had been the focus of the band, he was gone from the line-up, here Kubik’s wind instruments dominate the album (he gets help from two other sax players Kral and Hruska) from the short title track intro with its footstep intro, until the last brass grumbles the second part of the title track closing the album, notwithstanding the two bonus tracks of this Cd reissue. The album’s name Kure V Hodinkach means “chicken in the clock”.

Songwriting-wise the chores are roughly spread out between windplayer Kubik, guitarist Fort and vocalist/percussionist Misik, with keyboard man Khunt also contributing a track, but it would be pretty hard to tell which one would have written which track, because the album stands as a very tight collection of track. This was “released” even if later banned by the second (behind Opus) label of the country: Supraphon. Standing out a bit is the flute-laden acoustic guitar Ja A Dym track slowly evolving into a nice sax-dominated groove, one of the album’s highlights. Roughly the other tracks sound much like an Italian Colosseum (Italian due to the singing, mostly) and at times Traffic. The centerpiece (and longest track) Par Stoleti is another superb moment with its outstanding interplay between keys, winds and guitar. The bonus tracks are obviously strongly related to the album (slightly funkier and extra female backing vocals) and are pure added value to the album.

Flamengo’s sole album stands as one of the best album to have come out of communist Czechoslovakia. Outside the almost legendary Misik (and to a lesset extant Fort and Kubik that crossded his path regularly), so far I have not encountered the musicians of this group in others albums, especially inn the very next year following this album’s “release” until 76. But this is only the start of my Czech and Slovak ventures, and believe me, outside the poor Collegium Musicum album I reviewed three weeks ago, it starts out under the best of omens. Jump for it!!! (Fremata and Modry Effekt coming up)

A great record, the rhytm section of Vladimír Kulhánek and Jaroslav Šedivý was considered the best in Czech rock music at that time. It is also very ointeresting to note, that the guitarplayer Pavel Fořt was a bass player and a rhytm guitarist in periods before and he started practising lead guitar playing not long before this recording. As for th songs, the best are clearly the title track with its neat rhytm achanges and great guitar soloing, Stále dál sung by the organ player Ivan Khunt in his raspy voice with the guitar and flute playing the fine main riff in unison, the dreamy acoustic ballad Já a dým with great flute work again and Jenom láska ví kam with great energy level, agreably tight rhytm section and powerful vocals from Vladimír Mišík. Al in all a grat record, very cohesive and complex, worth four and half stars.

Отредактировано slafko1 (2008-10-09 02:13:40)

http://s53.radikal.ru/i142/0904/69/759517b9fb70.jpg
http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/0904/92/f09a805b9677.jpg
Flamengo - Paní v černém (Singly 1967 - 1972)

Жанр: Jazz Rock/Fusion/Art rock
Год выпуска диска: 2003
Производитель диска: Czech Republic (Supraphon)
Аудио кодек: FLAC
Тип рипа: image+.cue
Битрейт аудио: lossless
Продолжительность: 71:07
релиз от Ed(die)_Hunter

Трэклист:
01. Já budu chodit po špičkách P.Novák/I.Plicka 2:16
02. Povídej P.Novák/I.Plicka 2:03
03. Svou lásku jsem rozdal K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 3:08
04. Poprava blond holky K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 4:33
05. Co skrýváš v očích K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 3:59
06. Vyber si palác K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 3:01
07. Paní v černém K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 3:23
08. Náhrobní kámen P.Novák/I.Plicka 3:49
09. Džbán P.Novák/I.Plicka 2:58
10. Zavraždil jsem lásku K.Kahovec/I.Plicka 3:24
11. No Reply J.Mayall/M.Taylor 2:42
12. The Way For Horses K.Kahovec J.F.Obermajer 3:29
13. Summertime G.Gershwin/I.Gershwin 3:58
14. Too Much Love Is A Bad Thing 4:20 P.Fořt/F.Francl/I.Khunt/J.E.Šedivý/P.Černý
15. Vím, že pláčem to skončí 5:32 I.Khunt/V.Poštulka
16. Každou chvíli 3:55 V.Mišík/P.Fořt/I.Khunt/H.Žalčík
17. Týden v elektrickém městě 4:04 V.Mišík/V.Poštulka
18. Stále dál 3:14 I.Khunt/V.Kulhánek/J.Kubík/H.Žalčík
19. Kuře v hodinkách J.Kubík/J.Kainar 3:33
20. Black Is Black M.Grainger/T.Hayes/S.Wadey 2:48

http://e-r.ifolder.ru/29119192

Antiquar:
Flamengo - Paní v černém (Singly 1967 - 1972)

Спасибо !
Приятно вспомнить молодость

You make my day ( all weekend !! ) !! especially Antiquar !!!  thanks thanks thanks ....Salute to OSTROCK !!

Cenk

wwwterraborboletta.blogspot.com

Flamengo - Paní v černém - beautiful music.Thanks Antiquar.

Вы здесь » forum "East Rock" » Czechoslovakia » Flamengo